Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Deep and Lasting Friendship

It's really a great feeling when you know that there is someone who really cares, someone who lifts you up when you're feeling down, who reaches out each time you fall. I cannot put into enough words the deep and lasting friendship I have found in one of my bestfriends, Mareng Aieen. She may not be the perfect  woman but I could say she's a perfect friend. She knew my every weakness and the problems I've been dealt in the road of life and love.  She listened to my dreams and understood my wonders. Not once did she interrupt me or tell me I was wrong. She really understood what I was going through and promised she'd stay forever.

We talked this afternoon and once again had told her about my worries and being impatient in God's perfect time. I told her I am sorry for disturbing her and being stupid of discussing the same topic again and again. I am always grateful that she understood. Her words of wisdom really touched me and brought tears in my eyes while we were chatting. She told me that last Saturday when she attended prayer meeting, had suddenly remembered me and in an instant she prayed to God that He will touch the heart of someone I love to stop the agony of making us wait for each other and if we are meant to be, He will make a way and this year will be a very good and blissful year for both of us. Tears kept falling from my eyes when she told me she really wanted me to be happy because I deserved it. She knows what I've gone through and for her it is just but proper for me to be rewarded by God for having a good heart and faith in Him. I excused myself for a while because I could not resist shedding tears in front of desktop.

Lately, she asked me if I know the song "Remember Me This Way" and told her I did. It is really a nice song and she dedicated it to me.



Distance is not a hindrance for keeping our friendship alive and I would always grateful to the technology being a big part of making us more closer. I would always give praise and thanks to God for BFF Aieen, who has graced my life with wisdom, love and laughter since we met. When my life is going well, I can't wait to tell her; when I am hurting, she consoles me, and when I have failed, she accepts.

What a wonderful feeling to have you in my life with GOD!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails