Saturday, September 12, 2009

Aftermath of a Broken Family



Some says: “it depends on how a member reacts.” Yes, it is true. Like me, I am a product of a broken family. No one wants to be on that situation because of all the pain and struggles of life you may be encountered. It was really a devastating experience. I’m happy for knowing some people reacted positively but lonely when some did the other way around.


I’m proud to say that I have reacted positively. Though a lot of pain I have experienced it did not bothered and stopped me of dreaming that someday I will succeed. And I was grateful to God for guiding and showing me that life is beautiful and full of surprises.



It was not simple at first to accept that I am one. It adds to my pain when I knew that I am an illegitimate child. I cried for knowing the truth, but will it be changed? So I wiped my tears and decided to go on with my life. There are times when I want to give up because of so many trials I’ve been through…so many things, different situations, different difficulties and different aspects of life. But God is really good.



I am being more eager to surpass all hindrances and taste the sweetness of success. I studied well, learned many things from four sides of the classroom. I have met many kinds of people whom I gained some beautiful and inspiring stories that molded me to be an optimistic person. Though there are times when I want to give it up but still I moved on. I worked hard, prayed for guidance and asked for His abiding help to strengthen me. I learned to let go of the things which are not meant for me. Though it hurts, it paid off whenever good things happened. Since then, I believed “everything happens for a reason.”



I still recall the time when I was still a working student. A lot of sacrifices and hard work I’ve exerted in finishing my college degree. There are ocean sized lessons in life I have learned and instilled in my mind. I learned to be thrifty so that I can be able to sustain my other needs. I learned to manage my time and prioritize things to meet deadlines. I learned to appreciate everything in life. I learned how not to take the people I love for granted. I learned to be thankful for everything that happens, be it good or bad. I learned to love and be loved in return. I learned to sacrifice my love for someone special in behalf of my dreams for my family. I learned to face the terrible moment when I lose someone I dearly love and letting him go. I learned to accept whatever outcome in every decision I made. I learned to be patient in dealing with other people. I learned to accept that my life is different from my other friends. I learned to surrender my ego just to have a smooth relationship with others. I learned to let go of my pride just to gratify other people because they wanted it to be. I learned to accept mistake of other people though it shouldn’t be. I learned to live with other people far from my family. I learned to accept that it is my life – full of ups and downs. And at the end of the dark tunnel, I found the light leading to what good life could offer. I can’t find words to explain how I felt when my graduation came. I am very proud of holding the price of my hard work and sacrifices – my diploma.

Looking back, I could say that I am so blessed for where I am right now. I have a stable job in one of the prestigious company of my country. I enjoyed life with my work, acquainted with different personality and dealt with different work environment. Still, unexpected trials come but I am strong enough to face whatever it is. And most importantly, God is always there, perfectly on time in pouring me His undying love and overflowing graces. 

2 comments:

KABLOGS STATION said...

Very inspiring, thank you so much for sharing a part of your life, it takes courage to overcome all the trials in life.

Life is really Beautiful, keep on believing.

Anonymous said...

Hey thank you for this... You know I just learned that my father has a illegit daugther and I'll be honest I felt the hate against the girl but reading this... you know I'm bit enligthened the other party as goes through the same life shatterng scenario... sigh.. thank you very much.. I wouldn't hate the illegit daugther she as much of a victim as everyone else.

Related Posts with Thumbnails